Monday, June 01, 2009

Road to Penang Feb 2009 Part II

Hooray~ Give a clap for my efficiency for continue the story of the Penang trip in such a short period!!!! *applause!!!*

Okay~ Before I start, Kei told me that I didn't make a conclusion on why Jill was emo that night. Yeah~ I totally forgot to write that  because I was too rush to bed that time.... So the answer why Jill is emo is because...

She was tired. Nah~~~~~~~~ Haha... Actually, YES! She was TIRED!!! This is the main reason, and the 2nd one is because she didn't meet that somebody for 2 days???!! LOL! This only happens on those who just fall in love... 

Anyway, let's proceed to the next day of the wedding, the traditional wedding ceremony!

I was told that around 9am the bridegroom will arrive our apartment. So, everyone is up at 8am... But guess what, being late this gen is really in our Chinese blood, planted so deep in our core of gens and mind... The bridegroom arrive around 10am???! Or 1030am... I forgot the exact time since this passed for few months...

But luckily he was late, because I'm the last person who wakes up! Gosh~ And I need to bath and make up and so on... And waited for some time, the wedding car team arrived!!!

Jacques will be the door boy who opens the door for the bridegroom. We Chinese believe that this can bring the bridegroom luck for giving birth a boy? Whatever nonsense, just some superstitious traditional act by prosperity-belief-aunty uncle.

Jacque and Ceremony MC (This position was same as matchmaker at old times)


Bridegroom: Nah~ Give You ang pao~
Jacques: Thank You~ Hehe XD


And the first thing bridegrrom and his brothersss step into the house is to makan first. Where got energy to cope with those difficult missions the bride's sistersss give if no energy at all??? 

Kuih's and Yeo's Chrysanthemum Tea are a must! Why huh? I wonder if there's different combination... Maybe Coke with KFC for breakfast?


All the brotherss and sisterss are gathered together. Sisterss have to pin the flowers on the shirt pocket of brotherss... Not sure what does it means but sure thing is there's always people who feel shy about it...
Shy guy no.1 who looks like the MyFM DJ 国荣


Shy guy no.2 who pretends not to be shy...


After wearing flower brooch, the bridegroom and his fellow brotherss are ready to challenge those mission just to win the chance for the bridegroom to get into the room! This is the fun part of the wedding ceremony where you can see people do all those funny acts and stuffs...

Yeah~ We're READY!!!


Ehhh??? The sister kena challenge back instead of challenge the brothersss =="


Lipstick Guessing... Which one belongs to the bride...
Bridegroom: Jia Lat liao... I only tahu kissing leh...


After some time guessing and laughing, it's time for brotherss to use their energy of Kuih Muihsss and Chrysanthemum Tea to knock off the door to let the groom in!!!! They almost can compare with the Spartan 300!!!


Groom: Hee Hee... You see lo, I'm in the room now, are you willing to marry me???
Bride: Hee Hee.................................


Lovely Couple


The 'kissing' ceremony... Which is a MUST for every wedding ceremony! XD

But one kiss is not enough, some more on the cheek wei.....



So... there goes...

Sweet!!!


Flower wearing for the groomsmen and bridesmaid...

The ceremony ended with a Family Potrait!!!


After that, people were talking and chatting non stop with the bride and groom and I'm so boring I camwhore with Jill again. She's HOT don't cha think so????



After lunch at the apartment, everyone leave and check out process are done... And it's time to tour around!!! You know what is opposite of our apartment??? It's.....

Buppharam Thai Buddhist Temple


This temple was one of the famous temple in Penang. Lots of foreigners and its loyal believer come to visit the temple everyday...

I don't know why Mummy Joyce have to touch the statue's hand... Can touch one meh???


Four Face Buddha


Sleeping Buddha

There's alot of buddha statue for praying around... But there's one that really amazed me! Which is this...
The highest status monk's statue... In the middle of the indoor temple...
The statue looks sooooooooooooooo real as if it were the REAL PERSON sitting there...
I don't dare to take a close up picture because I think he's staring at me =="


The rules and regulations of the temple


You can see there are sooooooooooo many type of gods of Thai Buddhist, but the following one I'm showing you is the one who have extraordinary power...

No, not that 3 behind....


This ONE!!! You don't underestimate its power by its size. According to the monks and belief, this statue have the power of telling whether can or can't your wish to be true...

We spend quite some time in this small room, asking questions and hoping the statue can tell us something through its weight. The CORRECT way to ask a question is:

1) Think your question inside your heart... SINCERELY, after that, think this: IF YOU AGREE MY WISH AND IT CAN COME TRUE, PLEASE LET ME LIFT YOU UP!!!

2) Lift the statue up, the 1st time should be light and can lift up easily.

3) After placing back the statue, think AGAIN: IF YOU'RE GRANTING MY WISH, PLEASE DON'T LET ME LIFT YOU UP!

4) This time, the statue is soooooooo heavy you can't even lift it up even you're standing and use all your energy to lift it up!

You probably don't believe me, but it's true! Each and every member of my family have tried it and was overwhelm a bit by its power... But honestly, I forgot what I ask for... Lousy memory...

There's a statue of the monk which allows people to stick a GOLD FILM on it! See~!!! GOLD FILM!


Offering of 108 times which can bring you happiness and luck!!!

You can't believe how much time we spend in this temple! It's kinda fun and exotic experience for me. You can try find this temple which located at Perak Road... Just around Burma Road for your information...

How can not to take photo with such beautiful gate and sunny day???


Mummy Joyce and Daddy Charlie insist want to take photo with the temple... She say looks like they're at Thailand... LOL!

The next BIG thing you can do at Penang is to EAT!!!! Even though you're full...

We don't really know where are those delicious foods at, cos there are alots of reconstruct and movement of stalls which even Mummy Joyce who born at Penang getting confuse a bit with the road and things...

So, we're going to try NEW things!!! And this new place we're heading to is called NEW WORLD PARK.

And I was shocked when I see this!!!! :
KISSA KOYOTEI!!!!! The Malaysia 1st Maid Cafe!!! I was soooooooo excited when I saw this I felt like I'm a hentai otaku or something...

I keep on dropping hints to Bun Bun and my family on how special the cafe is... Hope that they know I'm hoping to drop by to this special cafe, but neither of them get my hints... Sighs~ T_T

So, bye bye to Kissa Koyotei... Hi to New World Park... *sobs* 

Penang food are always much more cheaper compare to KL ones but this New Workd Park food court are consider same price as KL... 

As my son is sleeping soundly at Bun's arm, I'm the one who is going to order food. Since I'm still full at that time, I might order some dessert... And the famous one will be Ais Kacang a.k.a ABC~

When I was ordering, the waiter ask me whether I want fruits or not... I was wondering: The fruit taste might not match with the taste of Ais Kacang, so I refuse to let them earn the money of the fruits I decline their offer... And it turns out to be FRUIT AIS KACANG is the FAMOUS dessert at New World Park!!!! Even Ho Chiak come and interview them before...

I was like @_@.............. Speechless!!!

My Fruit-less Ais Kacang... *sobs*


After dessert and snacks, we decide to walk around, have a look on this new 'NiuZeXui' look alike place...
Xuan Xuan woke up... And he's smiling~


We pass by a shop called 'Happy Feet' and there were promoters giving out flyers, promoting their shop. It was a promotion period for the shop and we decided to try it out... Each and everyone of us is first time doing this.... Nervous nervous~

Interior of 'Happy Feet'... So 'BALI'...
(Don't know why, everyone is travelling to BALI like right now???!!! What the heck...)


The main worker of 'Happy Feet'!!! Cute aren't they???

Yes, we have our very FIRST FISH BITING FOOT THERAPY at Happy Feet... We were persuade by the promoters and seduced by the promotion we decided to give it a try... 

We are advice to wash our legs before we dip it into the water... And our leg are examine by promoters to avoid any disease of feet such as Hong Kong Leg and etc... We were satisfied with the attitude and friendliness of people working there...

And here comes the time we have to do it...
To Put our leg into the water and let the fish nibble it...


Honestly, I totally can't resist laughing and yelling because of the ticklish feeling when the small fishes nibble and swimming around my feet... For the whole 40 minutes of process, I was trying to calm myself down... I sucks Kao Kao cos I still can't get use to the feeling while other people are enjoying it!!!

Mummy Joyce... So enjoy until LOVE come out and surrounded her.... 


Daddy Charlie very KUA ZHANG, he dip half of his leg into the pool... He say must earn back kao kao the money... LOL!

This is the expression when you first sink your feet into the pool...

This is the expression after 20 minutes sitting there doing nothing so you start to feel sleepy in the lazy afternoon...
As you see, I'm trying very hard not to laugh and calm down myself, murmuring 'It's Okay, You just have to get use to the feeling...' But I failed anyway~ The fish were big enough, I don't think they're nibbling my feet, I think they're biting/eating it...


Xuan Xuan had his first fish therapy!! He's soooo enjoying it! I ashamed of myself... T_T


Relax~


It was a laughing, fun 40 minutes, I guess each and everyone of us are enjoying it and this will be the special memories for everyone of us!!! ^^

Before we leave New World Park... There are carnivals and machine rides are there to earn kid's money!!!
As Kevin say: Hey~ Your son 卡到鸟!


As if the Kangaroo have 2 babies...


Come take a horse ride with me babe~!!!!

Yeah, we spend the whole afternoon at New World Park... And then back to my Aunt JooBee's house to fetch my bro Sheng... And guess what, I'm DOWN!!! With FEVER...

Arrggghhhh~~~~ We're heading back to the mainland of Penang, Bukit Tambun and there are some Night Carnival going on there too. There were lots of tasty foods and people singing and dancing on the stage but I didn't see any of it because I were too sick to go out from my relative's house...

The fever continue till Sunday, I become much more better when we're going back KL... Sighs~ I missed alot of good foods~!!!

Anyway, here comes to an end of my Penang trip at February this year!!! It was such a nice, funny trip except the ending of it where I was sick... But don't worry Penang...

I'LL BE BACK!!!!!!!!!
Muahahahahahahahahahaha~ XD

1 comment:

  1. Kevin9:21 PM

    ei i got say that before meh "Hey~ Your son 卡到鸟!"..hahaha!!

    omg ur hemsem boy is so cuteeeee XD

    ReplyDelete